1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by molemac, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molemac

molemac Thread Starter

Hiu ,

I am having dificulty setting up a home network between a windows 7 pc using a Marvel Yukon adaptor and an Imac on Lion.
    I can connect to the internet on the PC if I put internet sharing on on the IMAC and set the ipv4 on the pc to obtain Ip address automatically but I cant connect the computers over the network with static ips which is what I need . I used to just set with XP the ip to a static of 10.0.0.3 ( Imac on 10.0.0.1) and Subnet 255.255.255.0 and it all worked . Now I get unidentified network . Also I dont know what to put in preffered DNS or default gateway .

2. ETech7

ETech7

You should get a router.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Moved thread from Windows 8 forum to Networking.

You don't need Default Gateway or DNS server for just connecting two computers to each other.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089633

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice