1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Djas00, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

I am having trouble trying to get certain games to work over the network. I wasn't sure whether to put this under games or networks. Well anyway certain games like Baldur's Gate 2 and Command and Conquer Renegade do not want to work on the network. Baldur's Gate displays the game session but does not want to join. Renegade doesn't even want to go into the network on one of my computers.

2. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

On the game Baldur's Gate 2 I can go into an IPX connection and see the game but when trying to connect it will not connect. When I try to make a game on Command and Conquer Renegade on one computer with Xp I can make a game but on the other with ME I can't even go into network in Renegade. Other games like Empire Earth, Half-Life, Soldier of Fortune 2, Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Battlefield 1942, Diablo 2, Jedi Outcast, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein will work. The games I know for a fact that won't are Age of Empires 2, Baldur's Gate 2, Command and Conquer games, and the moon project. So basically the games made by certain companies don't want to work on the network and others will. The companies that don't want to work are Black Isle, Microsoft, Westwood, and SSI.

3. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Still waiting for an answer. Will someone figure out what is wrong with my network. I can't seem to get the games to work on it. I didn't know whether to put this in games or network.

4. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

Well if nobody has posted anything yet I doubt anything will be posted. I will just type this. There are some games that will work on the network and some that won't. The network cards are PCI 10/100mb and most of the games work. I found one microsoft game that works on it which is Rise of Nations. I don't know why the other won't work.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd jump in, but I don't play games on my machines, so I really don't know the issues that come up.

6. Djas00

Djas00 Thread Starter

yeah well what I think it might be is somekind of compatability issue with the network cards and the companies. Hopefully that is not the case but you never know.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164256

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice