1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Scan

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rfitzpatrick, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rfitzpatrick

rfitzpatrick Thread Starter

Hi All

I have several computers on a network. Is there a software package available that will return the size of a specifc folder on their computer. In particular I am looking to determine the size of each users My documents folder.

These are XP machines and administered via active directory.

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

How many computers?

3. support.clpafs

support.clpafs

Well If these profiles/computers are managed by Active Directory then the user accounts/profiles will also be managed by Active Directory and the Roaming User Profile will have to be located on the domain controller or server and you will then have the access to view the properties of the user profile home directory and there you will be able to see the size of the users account/My documents folder.

4. t1n0m3n

t1n0m3n

How about the command "dir /s"?
    Remotely (with pstools) it could be:
    psexec \\computername dir "c:\Documents and Settings\username" /s (or something similar)
    PSTools Download page

Yes this is verbose, but it can easily be piped into a file and parsed.

5. rfitzpatrick

rfitzpatrick Thread Starter

There are currently 60 machines on the network in response to one of the questions posted

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice