Network Scenario I am unfamiliar with from current schooling.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HandleX

I had this situation presented to me in a current school project (class im taking) and i wanted your input or help to steer me in the direction and why the opinions your giving me are right.

SITUATION
Server 1: Windows Server 2003 – Domain Controller, Backup Exec v11, DHCP, DNS, SQL 2008

Server 2: Windows Server 2008 – Member Server, Backup Exec v12, DHCP, SQL 2005;

1 - What is wrong with the configuration?
2 - Client requests the domain admin password be changed. Name the places where it must it be changed.

I personally want to give them the answer of - Why is the current setup of 2 DHCP servers on the network. The admin password must be changed at the domain controller level.

I am unfamiliar with SQL and Member server, so i do not know if the displayed setup is wrong. Any input and reasoning as to why?

HandleX

hmm after more research i figured out that the member server should NOT have DHCP installed since it belongs to the domain and is within ADS. Now does the years of the Server OS or years of SQL matter?

And why do both servers requires SQL to be installed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online