1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network Sharing between Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dannyboyfx, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx Thread Starter

Our office has 4 computers set up with Windows 7. One computer has a bunch of shared files and acts like a file server. The other two computer can connect to the \\fileserver okay. No problems at all. I can not. I have tried IP address, name, going through work arounds, turning off firewalls, anti-virus, etc. But when I go to it I get the "You do not have permission to access \\fileserver. Contact your network administrator to request access.

Nobody else has an account set up on any machine, so i fear adding mine to the other three.

Any help on how to fix this problem.

2. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx Thread Starter

And to add some randomness to this, I restarted after applying a windows update and everything worked right after bootup. Though this has been giving me problems on and off for the past week, so any help would be appreciated.

3. j0hnx777

j0hnx777

And your account is in the security group of that share?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070300

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice