1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network shutoff needed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by janlafata, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

In the past, I used to run a seperate firewall and antivirus. This allowed me to close the running application of the antivirus when I needed to install a new program. Now I am running an Internet Security Suite where the firewall and antivirus are integrated, so when I close that off, I am exposed to the internet without protection.

My question is...I run cable internet and, short of pulling out the cable or going the tedious process of disabling my internet connection. is there any program or utility out there that would allow me to to that in one click. That way when I do close down my Internet Security Suite, I no longer have to worry or rush to get through the process.

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You could do that but honestly, I cannot remember the last time I disabled an antivirus program to install any software either.

3. williamrobinsonb

williamrobinsonb

unplug the modem
    i havent found a utility for that yet

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/642373

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice