Network Storage

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lord Mirko

Is it it possible with NAS or a SAN storage device to use it only for downloading.I have Adsl 200 kb/s.Or u need to hook up network card.
If its not, what would be the best solution about this problem.
So a device only for downloading.
Thank you for your time.;)

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm confused. Only downloading? You mean moving files to the NAS or files from the NAS? You mention DSL.....are you intending on sharing the NAS out across the internet?

FYI, it's doubtful any home user has a SAN. SANs are deployed in business/enterprise situations.

Lord Mirko

Thanks for the reply.:)
I have them so I just asked.Forget about the NAS and SAN.Simple.
I need a device specialized for only downloading (http and ftp).That`s it.;)

zx10guy

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I'm still not getting it. NAS' and SANs are storage servers. So when you say specialized for downloading, I would assume you're talking about clients connecting up to the storage to download file from it. There is no way for a NAS or SAN to behave like a client and download files directly to it.

Lord Mirko

Forget about the nas and san.:p
Is there a solution for my problem.
A low power machines that is only used for downloading.
Is there any products in that area, or u could point me to the right direction.
Thanks.:rolleyes:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Just pick up a single board micro-ATX board and a slimline case and build yourself a "download machine". :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online