Network time services

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gfxrelay

I use Microsoft Virtual PC to host one domain controller and one workstation as a test system. The problem is if I close virtual PC for a while and open it again and to try to logon through the virtual network it says that the time on the system does not match the time on the network. I googled around and but could only find that I have to use the net time command to set the workstation to synchronize with the NTP server on the domain controller. I tried this and the workstation says that the command completed successfully but if I try to logon to the network again I still get the same error:confused:

Are both virtual instances on the same PC? If so this is very interesting as all virtual instances should pull their time from the time setting of the machine running the virtual instances making them both 100% the same time regardless to anything busted with NTP.

Have you checked the time zones? Dissimilar time zones have caused problems in the past with my clients not having the correct time.

gfxrelay

Hi thanks for the reply both time zones are exactly the same but they do not differ with a fixed time sometimes its 2 hours and sometimes it can be up to 8 hours

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts