1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network turns "Unidentified" on Internet Connection Sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mejaz, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mejaz

mejaz Thread Starter

Hi,

I am connected to a public wifi in my building thru built-in adapter of my laptop. I am running Windows 7 Home Basic. The connection allows only one device to run on one login name. I need to share this connection with my other device by turning my laptop into hotspot or thru ethernet. I have tried using Virtual Wifi Miniport and Connectify. I have tried LAN also. But I encounter the same problem in all the cases. As soon as I turn on internet sharing thru the properties of my public wifi connection, the Virtual Wifi or the LAN turn "Unidentified" and there is no internet on my other device. I even tried using a usb wifi adapter to connect to public wifi and sharing the internet over my laptop's adapter and vice versa but to no avail.

Please help...

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Call tech support for the public Wi-Fi and see if they have made ICS unusable to prevent people from trying to circumvent their restriction. Whether they have or not we will not help. Closing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083683

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice