1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Network works. Internet works. They just aren't working together. Help!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dlbeck, Apr 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dlbeck

dlbeck Thread Starter

I have a linksys wireless cable router with 4 computers hooked to it. I have a cable modem that normally feeds into this router. Tonight for some reason the internet connection only seems to work when it goes directly into a computer. But I can see all the computers over the network and I can move files back and forth. I don't know if this is a comcast problem or not. I called them and they said they couldn't even take my call because of call volume. But I'm on the net now when I bypass the router. Any suggestions on how to trouble shoot this?

Thanks,
    Don

2. GRudger

GRudger

You should hook up the pcs to the router one by one instead of all at once, that may isolate if its one pc causing the problem at least...

thats if the net works when at least one pc is connected to the router that is

3. dlbeck

dlbeck Thread Starter

I'm on the comcast forum and it looks like the issue maybe comcast. I think they lost their dns servers. Still can't figure out why I can get on if I bypass the router. I'll try your suggestion thanks.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Last night, Comcast took a major hit. I was out for several hours, had a new router in, direct connect, etc. I finally figured that it had to be Comcast, and then it all came back. I couldn't get to my Comcast webpages until this morning.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/350769

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice