Network XP and 98B

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fisher88

A friend has networked a 1.9 gig Dell w/XP and a 850 Athlon w/98b. Linksys 10/100 switch and cards. When he hooked it all together his 850 went nuts, stalling on the verify dmi pool data. I told him to check his connections since he had the comp apart to put in the card. I asked today if he had it resolved and he sent this message:Yes it is back up and running, but I'm not getting very far very fast with the LAN. The 850 won't boot with the cable connected, but it will boot with the card installed. When I connect the cable after the full boot the Network is visible on both machines, but when I start to transfer files the 850 locks up tight... Ctrl/Alt/delete.
Any simple explanations? Or do you need more info?

fisher88

Yes, that was him. I recommended he register, but didn't see him among the posts. Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts