1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilaco, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

my wife has been networked with a linksys router to my computer for over 2 years. never a problem.both of us use windows XP. yesterday, she was unable to get on the net even though i have access. i've checked all our connections and they seem fine. toshiba says its juno's (our ISP provider) problem but we haVe no tech support with them. i think they are copping out.
    what's our next step???? HELP

thanks,

herb

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    can you access each others computers for things other then the internet connection? It doesn't seem like the problem is with your isp, and toshiba has no responsiblity either. If there is a problem with the router you could contact Linksys. But first I would check all the cabling. It can be easily damaged by bending, or pressure. Turn it all off, unplug it all and then plug it all together and turn everything on again. try accessing shared resources. Sorry, networks are hard to troubleshoot when your not there :(

3. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

thanks for the reply. i plugged her machine into my toggle switch and she had net access.....so it's not a problem with her machine or the isp. i will call linksys and see what they have to say. will keep you posted.

thanks again,

herb

4. lilaco

lilaco Thread Starter

finally got into linksys after incredible wait times. they put me through the hoops with cmd, pings, ipconfigs, unhook the router, rehook the router, unhook the cable modem, rehook the cable modem, change my ports.....and in the middle of it all, my computer loses net access. it was close to heart attack time.
    the good news is that we're both now connected and everything is working as before.
    again, thanks for your help....most appreciated.
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!

herb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice