1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networked printer problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by amarillo1104, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarillo1104

amarillo1104 Thread Starter

Can someone help us? I had my pc & printer connected to ADSL broadband modem (via telephone line socket), and then a computer tech networked my laptap to my PC & printer using a wireless router,. which was somehow joined to the wireless modem.
    We have now moved house, and we can't afford tech person to come so far to replicate the situation. We don't have ADSL in our new region (too remote) but we have wireless (works brilliantly too!!) using a new wireless multi-computer modem.
    Hence, the PC and laptop are on wireless, ..but what of the printer in regards to the laptop??? I've asked both computers to share, the laptop says it's sharing/networking with the main, it says it's conected to printer (Canon Mp800), the network connections say all the right things. I've hooked the router in but i think I have it wrongly connected. I have the router joined to wireless modem as an extension, hoping that it will pick up the laptop signals for the printer.

Hope someone can help

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. We had your post split off from the thread you posted in. It's too difficult to assist multiple users with different problems in the same thread.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Brand and model of modem, router and printer? And how are they interconnected?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice