Networked printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JayB

I have a Dell laptop model 1521 using Vista home premium. It is wireless, hooked up througha linksys router to a Dell desktop computer running XP Pro.

I have an HP inkjet all-in-one printer connected to the desktop, and I would like to wirelessly share that printer with the Dell laptop. I've followed the directions on both computers to do this, but I can't get the laptop to recognize the printer.

Anyone aware of problems with the process as listed on the respective computers? I'm pretty sure I followed them correctly.

thanks

Jay

etaf

Wayne
you need to set the printer connected to the desktop as shared - with a name
Assume the name you give the printer is - PrinterShared
The desktop has a computer name
control panel
system
computer name tab

lets assume its called Desktop

you also need print and file sharing enabled

if you then add a printer on the vista machine
then add a network printer
in the box put
\\desktop\printershared

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online