1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking 2 computers that are sharing Internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bill Smith, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Thread Starter

I have 2 computers sharing a Netgear 4 port wired router using the internet very successfuly. I did have them networked to each other as well, but I got a new computer and of course lost the settings. As I didn't set it up, I cannot for the life of me work out how to do it. I know it was not very hard to do.I am using XP PRO. Of course I have LAN connections.

2. shadypac

shadypac

You want to network them for the purposes of file sharing? Be specific as possible.

3. Bill Smith

No I want to be able to move data

4. shadypac

shadypac

Well pretty much you should just have to verify all machines are in the same workgroup, you can do that under system properties and the computer name tab. Or right click my computer and properties. Also to actually share specific folder all you should have to do is right click on a particular folder and hit sharing. If you want full access you can share the entire C drive and move data back and forth accordingly. Access them in my network places and even map the share if you want to make it easier to access in the future.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

6. patelchinkal

patelchinkal

hello
    if u want to use internet to new Pc's for that u have give an Ip add of same group to that pc
    and conect it with router also give a DNS ip add which is given by your internet service provider .. okey

Patel Chinkal

7. Bill Smith

Thank you for that

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!