1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking 2 XP computers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tiny Timm, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiny Timm

Tiny Timm Thread Starter

My problem is connecting to a shared folder. I have 1 computer running XP Pro and my laptop running XP home and connected together with a crossover cable. I tried the Network wizard but got ther same result. Both computers can see each other but when I click on the shared folders I get the "Not available.....not enough server space available.." response. I can ping both computers with no problem. I just want to transfer stuff from one to the other. Right now I have them set up statically 192.168.0.1(XP Pro) and 192.168.0.2(XP Home). I have sharing set and disabled my firewalls/antivrus but keep getting the same notification. I've run the trouble shooting wizards and searched the web but no luck finding an answer. Any help on sharing would be appreciated.:(

2. badsha

badsha

Hello and welcom to TSG.
    Have you enabled network sharing on the win home pc?
    On the winxp pro you have to have an account that will tell winpro that this person can be trusted. In other words make sure you have a account in the users section.
    I have not used xppro or home to network with yet.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Have you actually shared any resources on either computer? Open My Computer, right click on a drive, and select Sharing. Follow your nose to create a new share...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/140068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice