1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking an XP system with a Mac Airport base

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Qui, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui

Qui Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me with a problem I am currently encountering. I recently moved to a new appartment where the person i'm sharing with already has a wireless network in place. The ADSL connection is connected to a netgear router which in turn is connected to an apple mac airport base to run the wireless network. I purchased a Sitecom WL-022 USB wireless network adaptor to try and gain access to the network, however I am having no sucess at all.

While the adaptor is sucessfully detected by my system, and installed, it appears to be unable to detect the existing network. My PC is approximatly six meters from the base unit and my flatmates mac is used from the room next to mine at a point approximatly nine to ten meters from the base unit, and they encounter no problems detecting it. I have tried using Sitecoms own software to configure the connection (disabling XP's Wireless Zero Configuration to do so) and using XP's own Wireless connection wizard. Neither have picked up any trace of the existing network.

My system is a Windows XP system, 2.6Ghz AMD, 512 RAM, 40Gig HD, NVidia Geforce 4 card. Can anyone offer any assistance as to what the problem may be, and how I might bypass or resolve it? Thanks is advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/281631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice