1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

networking concept behind two account access through same network using two browsers

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mad479, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad479

mad479 Thread Starter

Jun 12, 2012
    hello friends i need answer to one question please help me

i try to login to 2 different facebook account on same browser in same computer dose not work but if i use 2 different browsers then i can log in 2 different account at same time on same computer having single internet connection (in my case my wireless modem)

this happen with gmail and others accounts also.

what is the reason behind how can i access two different account of similar type(like facebook ,gmail) on same computer using two different browser???

what is networking concept behind this????????

waiting for your response please help..........:(
  2. zx10guy

zx10guy Trusted Advisor

Mar 30, 2008
    There is no network concept behind this. What you're describing is purely a function of how your browser and the particular website works. Namely, it boils down to cookies and such that the browser uses after you authenticate. If you're authenticating to the same website under two different accounts, chances are the website is going to be using the same cookie for both instances. This is why when you do the same exercise on different browsers, it works as each browser is working off a unique cookie and are not stepping on each other.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056803