Networking Different Windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dingus

Can anyone tell me of any problems (or lack of) when you have different levels of Windows on the PC's that are being networked.

In my case I have:2 at '98, 2 at XP and 1 with ME.

These computers were all supplied with the software already loaded, so I don't have the original disks to bring all the PC's to the same level.

No problems, especially when one has XP. The XP one will create a floppy disk for use on the others to make them all work together.

Del

If you use a router, shouldn't have any problems at all.
I had Win 98, 2000, ME and XP and all worked fine.

Dingus

Many thanks for your help.
Since I posted I've been researching and it seems Del's info is spot on.
Problem now resolved.

TA :D

Del

Glad I could help, you'll come back now, ya hear.
No, actually glad I was able to help you, be sure to keep visiting the site. You really learn a lot here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online