Networking / Internet Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KBRAVO

I hope that someone will have a answer for this.

I am running 3 pc's and 1 laptop on a LinkSys Wireless network. For my Internet I am using Direcway Satellite via their USB modem and Internet connection Sharing. My problem or question is this. The connection speed in inconsistent. Also I have been told that the internet speed on the client computers is much slower. I can't really tell this because it all seems slow. Is this true that because of the Wireless Network that the connection speed is not what it could be if the network was hard wired?

Also Would I be better off with Verizon DSL vs. Direcway?

Thanks,

Kurt

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You'd probably be a lot better off with DSL, and you could have an Ethernet connection to the modem and a wireless router for better service and protection. :)

KBRAVO

I am also thinking that because the ICS is a pain in the ***...

Kurt

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Originally posted by KBRAVO:
I am also thinking that because the ICS is a pain in the ***...

Kurt
Actually, ICS is a HUGE PITA! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online