1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking issue w/new Netbook

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Cv2065, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cv2065

Cv2065 Thread Starter

Just got my son a new Gateway Netbook (LT2811u) with Windows 7 Starter. For some reason it will find my Linksys router in the house, but it keeps saying no internet connection. Not sure what to make of it, as I have my work PC, and 4 Macs in the house, all connect perfectly.

I've tried to run diagnostics, but nothing. Keeps saying its a router problem, but that can't be.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sign into the router. Make sure that enough addresses are available and that no limit lower than you need has been set on how many devices can connect.

Look through all the settings to see if they make sense.

Are you using a static IP or auto?

3. Cv2065

Cv2065 Thread Starter

Ieas finally able to get on for a short time after reinstalling all software. It just went back to no internet problem. I believe I'm runnung a dynamic IP address, and here should be plenty of addresses from which to choose.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

The router may have a setting to limit the number of connections. It could be set to 5 or 6 or something. Does it make any difference if all the other machines are offline?

Can you post the results of the command:

ipconfig /all

?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice