Networking issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JMarch123

My issue is I have Roadrunner cable connected to a US robotics Broadband router (That doesnt accept the new firmware for reasons unknown to me) and I have my laptop networked to my X-box 360. the issue is, when I am connected to X-box live and the internet on my laptop, after about an hour, I stop recieving signal to my router from my modem. The lights stop blinking on the router for send/receive. I don't know if you guys will have any ideas, but any suggestions will help!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd address the "doesn't accept new firmware" issue, since new firmware frequently addresses issues like this.

JMarch123

I have figured out it is the router that stops sending and receiving communication after a given amount of time, and it has nothing to do with the devices that are networked through it. Any suggestions on how to proceed with this issue, it is a US robotics Broadband router that is not accepting new firmware.

JMarch123

I narrowed it down to not the xbox live, but to high p2p traffic. It caused the router to stop sending/recieving. I got a firmware that works, and so far no problems. Thanks mate, cheers.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Glad we could help.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online