1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

networking ME and XP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Fippy, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fippy

Fippy Thread Starter

I have two computer connected to the internet through a hub connected to a cable modem. I want to network them together so I can share files, the only problem is that I don't know how to network a computer using XP home to a computer using ME. I had XP on the ME computer before, and they networked fine, I mainly used it for filesharing. the XP trial time expired and I reinstalled ME and now I can't network them. They both connect to the internet fine, but they dont communicate directly to eachother. I have netbeui on the xp computer, do I need to put something like that on ME? If so I can't seem to find an ME version anywhere. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated, thanks.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you want NETBEUI for ME, try going into Network Properties, and installing a new protocol. NETBEUI is one of the choices! :D

3. shenrick

shenrick

also, please keep in mind that whatever protocols are on one PC, MUST be installed on the other one as well. Also, make sure that "Simple File Sharing" is disabled on the XP machine so that you can see it over the network on the ME machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice