1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking Password for WIN 98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Asher75000, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asher75000

Asher75000 Thread Starter

OK..I'm making some head way...I can see my WIN 98 computer on my other two XP computers...but my windows 98 computer says that my network password is WRONG...how can it be!! Iv'e never set one before!!! anyway, is there anyway i can bypass the password and enter a new one that I can remember or something? like in safe mode maybe? If I did make the password, I dont remember it..so...Im stuck right now..HELP PLEASE!!

2. Dingenium

Dingenium

Yes, you can turn it off (or should be able to) (IF it is the Network Login I am thinking of):

START -> SETTINGS -> CONTROL PANEL

On the CONFIGURATION tab, under PRIMARY NETWORK LOGIN, make sure that CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT NETWORK is NOT selected. Most likely, you can choose FAMILY LOGIN or WINDOWS LOGIN.

Click OK, and restart. Should fix it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice