Networking problems with Airport Express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cags150280

I recently bought an Airport card for my Ibook and am trying to connect to the Airport express connection the rest of my family are already on. my ibook is showing that the Bt connection is there but wont accept the password used by the other computers.My Ibook is 800mhz and runs OSX10.24, the other computers are a G4 IBook with OSX10.3 and a Dell PC both are around the same age and have inbuilt cards, the wireless connection operates with Airport express and a ADSL D- Link Router. I was wondering if it might be something to do with the operating system my older Ibook is on and whether updating my system to 10.3 would help? If any one has any advice or ideas I'd love to hear em!!
Muchos Gracias
Carly

TerryNet

Terry
Welcome, Carly.

I know (maybe) enough about iBook to make this one post.

Is the network using WPA or WEP encryption? I think that Airport Express supports WPA, but Airport does not. I don't know what is the earliest OS version that supports WPA.

If WEP is being used there is no guarantee that all devices will translate a password the same way. Best to use Hex key(s).

Terry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online