Networking problems with latitude d620

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

monphei

Hello,

I am having problems with my second laptop DELL LATITUDE D620. I am trying to connect to a wireless connection but cannot.I went on Network Connections and there is no view available connections. I don't know what the hell is wrong with this laptop. But here's the information after of my computer:

Windows IP Configuration

Host name.....: DELL-1E3983F529
Primary Dns Suffix.......:
Node Type.......: Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled.....:No
WINS Proxy Enabled......:No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State....:Media disconnected
Description.......: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
Physical Address.......:00-18-8B-C6-DA-34

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State........: Media disconnected
Description..........: Dell Wireless 1490 Dual Band WLAN Mini-Card
Physical Address........: 00-19-7D-C5-2F-BE

Computer System: DELL-1E3983F529
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version: 5.1.2600

pls i really need the help

TerryNet

Terry
Is the wireless switched on? Was this computer ever able to detect a wireless network with this wireless adapter?

monphei

yeah the switch is on.but there is no icon on the bottom right to click for any available connections.Even if i click from network connections from control panel, there is link or a drop menu to view available connections.

monphei

I would have to use the wire from the desktop in order for the dell laptop to connect to the internet. So what youre asking me to do will be the connections from the router not the laptop wifi connections itself because there is nothing at all to connect to.

TerryNet

Terry
You could also use removable media (USB flash drive, CD-RW, etc.) to copy files from one computer to the other.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online