1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lbac1, Oct 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lbac1

lbac1 Thread Starter

I am running 4 XP HOME computers on wireless network. All have internet access and recognize eachother on the network (athough Norton Internet Security causes some problems). ICF is disabled, file sharing is enabled. problem is with my desktop. It can communicate on the network with the other computers, but when other computers try to open files on the desptop, I get the usual no access message with Not Enough Server Storage error message. I increased virtual memory. Everything used to work OK until I added a new laptop to the network. I am at my wit's end. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Since it happened when you added a new machine, what happens if you remove it? What changes did you make to add the machine? Are you running with a broadband router? We need details about the network topology.

3. lbac1

lbac1 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. The new laptop is using the 54mb wireless card. All other machines are using 11mb 802.11b adapters. I upgraded the Actiontech broadband router with firmware to allow the router to communicate with the laptop. That's the only change I made. The router is connected to primary computer with USB, and other network computers connect with ACTIONTECH wireless adapters. Thanks.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Not sure what to suggest, the problem doesn't sound familiar... :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice