Networking problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dariaze

I just built a new PC and finally got it running, I want to add it to my network but I cant get it t to work.

I followed all the instructions on the netgear CD on how to connect everything but it still just does not respond to the network. It looks like it has no IP adress at all and I'm not sure how to get this PC hooked up to the network at this point.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

Dariaze

I see no drivers on this computer and the other computer for the ethernet but they can get online...cant send any result cause that computer cannot access the internet.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You must have a floppy, CD-RW, or USB FLASH drive. You can carry the IPCONFIG results to the computer you're obviously using to post about the problem. ;)

Or just type them in manually. There's not that much information to worry about. At least get the IP address, subnet mask, gateway and dns entries noted and posted back.

Dariaze

I tried it out, there is nothing on the Windows IP configuration list it is blank.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.