Networking Through HPN or HPNA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrosehutchinson

I have been toying with the idea of networking my home... but since we live in an apartment running wires would not be a good idea, and wireless is too expensive.

I came across this HPN or HPNA which runs through your standard phone line, thus networking your house. I have a DSL modem which requires a line filter to work properly, I read that the HPN would not work...

OK enough with this.... Is there a step-by-step guide with all of the material lists website, so that I can find out what I need how to do it and the approximate cost.

I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something where I and my mom (who just bought a computer) can go online at the same time using DSL.... without running wires or purchasing the expensive wireless point stations for each computer and goodness knows what else. Adding another telephone line is not an option.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suggest you limit the queries to one section. You asked the same question over in Hardware. :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online