1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

networking two win 95 computers.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mrwagner, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrwagner

mrwagner Thread Starter

Hey I am trying to network two win 95 computers together. Im trying to do this using the serial port to do this. Please let me know how to do so or any information on this you could lend!

:confused: Im not used to networking with windows 95!!!! :confused:

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You will need a null modem serial cable also known as a LapLink cable. Then you can setup Direct Cable Connection on the computers. One needs to be the host and the other needs to be the client.

You should be able to find Direct Cable Connection in Windows Help. That is how I set it up the first time many years ago. But there are several websites that will show you how to do it.

Just Google Search for Windows 95 DCC.

3. mrwagner

mrwagner Thread Starter

Thanks alot im setting it up now. :D

4. mrwagner

mrwagner Thread Starter

Ran into a problem! I have to install the dcc and the modem on this comp. and it is asking me for win 95 disk 8 but I cant seem to find that. Does anyone know where to find that on the internet!!????

5. mrwagner

mrwagner Thread Starter

I have got the computers networked, but now I am trying to get the guest computer to be able to access the internet through the host computers network connection. I was wondering if there was anyway to do this? Let me know!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice