1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Networking

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dunno nuttin, Sep 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dunno nuttin

dunno nuttin Thread Starter

Ok I am so new to this networking stuff. Don't laugh....here is my problem and question.
    Can anyone help? What I am doing is....trying to network 2 home computers together....one is Windows ME....the other is Windows XP.....we are using cable internet....we have purchased a router and the cord to connect it all together....one problem,,, on the windows me computer there is no place to plug in the cord...( the end that looks like a phone cord plug)...my question is ...is there an adaptor or some way to network these two computers.

Dunno Nuttin
    (see I told ya)

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    You need to buy a Network Card(NIC) for the Windows ME PC and install it or have it installed.

Also, the cable your referring to is called a CAT5 cable.

Good luck and let us know how things work out ....

3. dunno nuttin

dunno nuttin Thread Starter

thanks ......... for your help Brian.....

4. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Your welcome, let us know how it turns out and good luck ....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice