1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

networkplanning design

Discussion in 'Networking' started by krupesh10, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. krupesh10

krupesh10 Thread Starter

hi,

We have 150 pc's in our orgonisation,

required softwre applications
    Stadd
    Autocad
    MX
    Ms office
    exchange server and internet for certain users

currenly we don't have domain, just we are managing with workgroup and file sharing, because i am completly new in this field so i am anticipating assistance of yours, please give me some idea regarding network planning, backups, antivirus.
    i mean to say what all the things i need to configure and install for manging and providing best service for users. please anyone help me as earliest possible

thanks are lot in advance

krupesh N

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

My goodness - I've got a certain amount of experience but I doubt anyone would give me a job adminstrating a 150 machine network! :D Do you have a single machine somewhere acting as a server? If not, you should have so that data can be stored centrally and backed up nightly on to something that can then be stored in a safe, fireproof place - maybe made from a tape drive.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hire a local network consultant to assist, there's no way you're going to sort this out yourself!

4. krupesh10

krupesh10 Thread Starter

HI
    we have shared all user required files through server-2003 machine, but still we did't create a domain actually even i had a knowledge of hardware and networking like making domain and their clients and taking some sort of backups but i am frightening to impliment all these since i am a fresher i dont have work experience in this field and also this is my first place and when i had recently joined here i noticed that there is no domain just they are managing by workgroup folder level sharing and security after that i communicate with my senior regarding this he stated that even he does not have much knowledge about domain, so i got consent from my senior to implimenting my skills hence for this i am soliciting assistance like which order i need initiate. ok i will explain my plan below

1) First i am planning to install Active directory with DNS and i will make all the system as client

2) backups:
    system state backup and ASR

3) I will install antivirus

4) internet connection sharing for certain users and printers

In this case if load is increased for the main domain i can create a additional domain, child domains for load balancing.

Actually my problem is in this senario if my server is down how can i react with the users like suddenly incident for that what kind of precautions i have to take?

So i am anticipating according to my plannings please provide me some precautions which i ought to be keep and except those what all the things i need to install and organize for keeping my network stable, please send me in order wise if possible.
    i am very thank full to you people

thanks in advance

krupesh N

5. krupesh10

krupesh10 Thread Starter

HI
    we have shared all user required files through server-2003 machine, but still we did't create a domain actually even i had a knowledge of hardware and networking like making domain and their clients and taking some sort of backups but i am frightening to impliment all these since i am a fresher i dont have work experience in this field and also this is my first place and when i had recently joined here i noticed that there is no domain just they are managing by workgroup folder level sharing and security after that i communicate with my senior regarding this he stated that even he does not have much knowledge about domain, so i got consent from my senior to implimenting my skills hence for this i am soliciting assistance like which order i need initiate. ok i will explain my plan below

1) First i am planning to install Active directory with DNS and i will make all the system as client

2) backups:
    system state backup and ASR

3) I will install antivirus

4) internet connection sharing for certain users and printers

In this case if load is increased for the main domain i can create a additional domain, child domains for load balancing.

Actually my problem is in this senario if my server is down how can i react with the users like suddenly incident for that what kind of precautions i have to take?

So i am anticipating according to my plannings please provide me some precautions which i ought to be keep and except those what all the things i need to install and organize for keeping my network stable, please send me in order wise if possible.
    i am very thank full to you people

thanks in advance

krupesh N

6. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

The last thing I want to do is discourage you from learning all this and there are doubtless people here who would be able to contribute but in reality, what you have there is a mission critical system upon which your company is going to depend and you need local professional help in setting this up. If your boss is as in the dark as you are, surely he'll approve the cost and will probably respect you the more for admitting partial defeat.

You can learn from the pro, particularly on preventative maintenance to make sure the server doesn't go down, and become a valuable administrator for the future but for the initial setup, you do need to seek hands on help, in my opinion.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice