• Good

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • OK

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Psycheout

I HATE it.

This is the only time I`ve ever tried to get away from AOL. I thought anything could be better. I could get `high speed` for just $14.95 per month. I made the switch just about 6 months ago, but got off of it a month later.

Why? I kept getting my connection `kicked` and while I redialed, I would have to watch an irritating advertisement that had really irritating music with it. Also, their speed accelerator had connections slower than AOL`s dialup.

Cancelling service was a nightmare. I call and say I want to cancel my service. I get some guy in India, I could tell by his accent. And I really knew because the operator who transferred my call to him also had an Indian accent. He keeps persuading me to stay with them, and not to cancel my service. Also I kept mentioning that I knew he was from India, and that their company outsourced American jobs to that place. He kept telling me that he was from Buffalo, NY. I ask him, because I'm from Pittsburgh, what industry is the Pittsburgh-Youngstown-Buffalo area famous for. (The answer is steel mills, this area is even called the Steel Valley.) He didn`t know, so I had basically caught him lying about his location.

I finally got the service cancelled after 20 minutes of him trying to persuade by threatening to call the Better Business Bureau for this, and he cancelled real fast.

Anyone else ever try NetZero's service? What do you think of it?

I use the $9.95/month deal. and only ever had 1 problem

i guess the one part i hate would be the fact you have to PAY for support if needed. Once i needed it - and from the sounds of it - we had the same dude from India. He told me what to do, and I explained "i already did that" - he insisted i try it again and CALL BACK. I never did. and three days later I got a call from their billing department (the answering machine got it) hmmmm - there seems to have been a problem with the credit card i used to pay for the tech support ;)
I give it a 9 out of 10

Dia-up is ddial-up and there is no such animal as "high speed dial-up" service. All they do is compress images on their servers prior to pushing them to your connection. If I had no choice but to use dial-up I would use a local ISP that could give you a stable connection.

I am sure Net Zero support isn't any better than AOHELL, another reason for a local ISP.

Never used it but it looks great.....free internet..........drool.....

But it is stupid I will admit. Free internet????????Yeah right!

llsee

Larry
Tried it for a couple of months last year cuz I was looking for a cheap national dial-up ISP. It really ticked me off that I had to watch a commercial while it dialed, AND it always had to open IE to complete the connection. I use Firefox and don't want IE to open. When I called to cancel, they first offered one free month, then 2 free months.

keep in mind you get what you pay for - the adds is how they make their money on those that use the "free" internet.

i have adds on the $9.95 when i first log on - no big deal really.

Netzero is okay if you want something slow for 10 buckaroni's, I'd say just get dsl (more bang for your buck, i mean bucks). I use SBC yahoo dsl. it's okay though just making a suggestion for something better and decent (in between dial-up and T3)

llsee

Larry
Wellllll... You can get $9.95 internet access WITHOUT the ads, or Internet Explorer, and using the standard Windows DUN, not some proprietary dialer. I used these guys for 2 years and they are $9.94 if you pay for a one year subscription VooDoo Creations . You can also just google on "cheap 56k internet" and get a number of national providers for only $9.95 a month without the NetZero bull!

As far as DSL, It is NOT always available to many of us poor folk. I used to live in San Jose CA, the self-proclaimed "Capital of Silicon Valley" and could not get either cable or DSL. Neither Comcast nor SBC (ne. Pacbell) wanted to spend the money to upgrade our underground utilities and I was more than 3 miles from the nearest SBC C.O. Now I live in the desert of Southern NM, and Qwest won't support DSL this far out, and there is no cable. So my choices are either satellite for $60 per month, or Micro-wave from a local ISP for $50 per month. A $9.95 56K internet connection seems reasonable!

bleepster said:
free for 10 hrs/month mind you
10 hrs a month?? I am on the net prolly 10 hrs at the least in a week. But I'm a kid who does nothing else but play the comp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online