1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

netzero update problem. NZ TV stays on screen

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by MonkeyTech, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MonkeyTech

MonkeyTech Thread Starter

Hi. A friend has a problem with his daughter's computer.
    He wants to use Netzero, and it automatically loads "enhancements".
    It works okay until the enhancements are downloaded and installed.
    Then it connects, and the nz tv box stays on the screen. It does not automatically launch the IE browser, or the NZ zeroport.
    I believe it does not even know its connected (but it is).
    So it's not getting a signal that it's connected.

The modem, computer, and IE5 work fine with other ISPs, so it's not a hardware problem. It even works fine with Netzero until NZ downloads the updates / enhancements.

Anybody know how to get the NZ tv dialog box off the screen or fix the problem?

2. WILDFYRE

WILDFYRE

Have you tried sending an e-mail to their tech. dept. about this problem? I use netzero and have always gotten a quick response and solution to any problem that I've had.

3. MonkeyTech

I looked on the NZ support page,
    and it looks like only automated support and knowledge base stuff is available for users of the free netzero.

I just wondered if someone had already encountered this problem and knows what the fix is.

4. WILDFYRE

WILDFYRE

Don't know if this will work for you or not since you are a free subscriber, but I use www.netzero.net/s/pat for e-mailing to Netzero's Technical and Customer Service Depts. since I am a paying subscriber.

5. MonkeyTech

Here is the message I got when I went to the link.

Live e-mail technical support is available to Platinum members only.

Thanks for the info, tho..

The free netzero is pretty limited. (although they have a great free webmail)
    He can get rid of the banner ads and get "unlimited" access for $5.95/mo. from a different ISP, but he doesn't want to, so I'll probably give him back his daughter's computer and tell him I can't help him..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!