1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Never worry again about your Operating System!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by donetao, May 16, 2015.

1. donetao

donetao Banned Thread Starter

Hi How would you like to never again worry about booting into windows virus free and be up and running just like the day when every thing was running just the way you want it to. You can can accomplish that even if your HD dies.
    I have decided to dedicate part of my spare time to preaching this on every help forum where I'm a member.
    I will never understand why PC owners never take the time to crete a back up image of their Operating System. Every day I see someone that can't boot into windows and they have no clue what to do. They have data they can't live without. They may or may not have restore media that will take them back to factory. They don't want to lose all there data, but they have never taken the time to create a back up image or saved their data on a external drive.
    It breaks my heart to hear those things. It's so easy to do these things with a 3rd party program; before you find yourself with this problem. There are a whole bunch of free imaging software, so no excuse why you're not doing these things right now. I make a back up image of my OS every month with Macrium Reflect. If my HD drive died tomorrow, I could be back up and running just like the day I created the image in a few minutes. I've been there and done that.
    I can get on my stump and preach this 24/7, but tomorrow a member will start a thread that they can't boot into windows for some reason and want help. If they would have created a back up image of their OS, TSG would have never heard from them; so don't create that image of your OS and give us retired people some thing to do and some where to spend our time.;) I love learning and passing forward the little bit of knowledge I have picked up over the few years of owning a computer. Some times I even get it right. I'm to friendly, to windy and full of it, but I always give it my best shot!!:D
    Gary!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You and me both Gary. I see the looks on their faces when I have to tell them their hard drive is "toast" and nothing I do will even show the drive. That or their files are completely gone on a hard drive that will still boot into Windows and I never manage to figure out what caused it though in many cases those can be restored with proper software. But why they tempt fate like that or maybe think that it won't happen to them. Ask any fireman at a fire what they dread the most and they will tell you it is moms running back into the burning building to try to save their pictures!

I probably don't do a good enough job myself emphasizing to them that even the simplest backup, burning a cd or dvd will preserve their "precious" pictures or files for some time to come.

3. donetao

donetao Banned Thread Starter

Thanks Rich-M. You just made this old country boy's day! If just one person reads our posts and start creating back ups of their OS, and saving their precious data, I will be a happy camper. I'm afraid some will read this thread and say "I'm going to do that tomorrow" and tomorrow maybe to late.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148319

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice