1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New 144 hz screen not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OffiAnon, Jul 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OffiAnon

OffiAnon Thread Starter

Hey ! i have
    ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual OC
    and using windows 10 home
    the new screen i bought that supports 144hz is not working not connecting or turning on anyone know what i can do ? i have updatet all the grapic drivers and stuff...
    the screen worked for a few days the guy in the store told me to not connect the hdmi but i connected an extra screen with hdmi in the same grapic card it worked for a few days idk what do to

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

So ask the store again why they said not to use HDMI, what will happen etc.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Unless I'm mistaken, if you want to use a monitor over 60hz, you need to use Display Port. HDMI will work, just not over 60hz.

If it's not even turning on, it's faulty. Return it.

4. OffiAnon

OffiAnon Thread Starter

I tried the display port i worked fine for a few days but then it stopped working. the hdmi works so the screen is ok. i dont know how to update the drivers i tried but idk if i did it corectly

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    If it works on one port and not another, it's not a driver issue, it's a hardware fault.

It could be the DP of the GPU, the cable, or the DP input of the monitor. The only way to know for sure is to test the monitor on another computer or test a different DP monitor on that computer.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice