1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New 512Ram registers less-98se

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deanr, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deanr

deanr Thread Starter

HiYa All ! Wanted 2 touch base with you people about RAM problem. Just installed a stik of "two sided" 512 Ram with 256 ram already in there. This is total of 768RAM . Now my system information tells me i have "only 512RAM" !?! My OS is Win98se,IE6 . As i have stated it is a stik of two sided 512MB of Ram. Have i missed a procedure or step ? I`m new at this so bare with me. Thanx in advance people Dean :)

2. Rockn

Rockn

Windows 98 cannot address more than 512MB of memory without a little tweaking in the first place. Your motherboard more than likely won't support over 512MB either. Look at the specs for the board to see what it will accept.

3. steamwiz

steamwiz

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

boot with just the 512 in.

does it say 512 or 256. if it says 256 then either your board doesnt support high density ram or it doesnt support a 512 chip at all.

5. deanr

deanr Thread Starter

Hey All ! You maybe right about 512 not being supported in this motherboard(acer/ali) !?! Tried taking out 256mb ram + 512 mb ram "alone" ! Computer does not funtion ! In either slot by the way are only 2 slots on mobo . Thanx 4 help Dean :) P.S. System Win98se

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice