New Ad Aware sig file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hello, All

i do not know if this is where i am to post this so here gos

now if anyone here using AA or AA+

there is a problem with the new Reflist update

& lavasoft is working on it but this what the

problem is

It appears that the new reflist reports all BHOs

as targets so BHOcaptor or BHOcop will lit you

know the properties if it is an innocent BHO

simply add it to the ignore list

now if you do not have them go here for Info

http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=77432&b=help

Good Luck To All

Hello, All

This had been posted by discogail

It appears that the new reflist reports all BHOs as targets

Backing it up and restoring it doesn't work . You can export the reg key to a .reg file and merge it back in later if you need to. The Lavasoft people do know about this. There's an enormous thread at grc.spyware newsgroup about this too.

Thanks to All

Hey, All

Those of you who ran RefUpdate to get the new reflist.sig will have created a backup of the 10/17 version at the same time, reflist.bak. You can name the 10/17 reflist back to reflist.sig (and the 10/28 version to something else) and go back to the 10/17 version while you wait to hear what to do about the 10/28 reflist.

Good Luck

You're in the right place AAPlus, and thanks for the update. I hope the lavasoft folks get the problem sorted promptly as it is really impractical to instruct new users on detecting and discriminating the good BHO's from the bad ones in addition to the basics of using Ad-Aware. It is such a vital application that I hate to hold off recommending it.

Hello, Rollin' Rog

know problem i am sure that

lavasoft is on it they will get

the job done this i am sure of

Thanks for the reply

buck52

Banned
Thanks AAPlus

I guess that's what I get for just clicking on the Automatic Reference Update :(

buck

Hello, All

This just posted at VOP by Urizen

the referencefile released yesterday
(129-28-10-01) wrongly identificated any BHO as spyware.
I'm sincerely sorry, the wrong file has been uploaded.It was originally not ment as release version.
The working file (128-29-10-01) has been released recently , which does not show this behaviour.

Good Luck

Hey, buck52

know problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online