1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Age Spam- Gotta love it! (NOT!)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Patrick117, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick117

Patrick117 Thread Starter

Okay so heres the deal. I have two different accounts set up with two different ISP's. Lately, the spam filtering on both of them has been great. HOWEVER- I am getting upwards of 200+ messages in my inbox that are bounce back messages from legitamite servers. for instance::: "Undeliverable Mail" or "Mailer-DAEMON" "Status: message has been rejected". Now, I have run multiple scans on my computer with AVG anti Virus, Norton, AVG Anti Spyware and Ad-Aware SE and also a Barracuda Networks system scan. No forms of any sorts of infections. I am guessing that somewhere along the lines ( probably in a forward!!! ) a spam server has got ahold of my email addresses, since it is happening to BOTH addresses, and are using them to spam out since their own email addresses have been blacklisted. Now, both ISP's I am currently with use open SMTP servers. Seeing as how I, one person, can not influence an entire company to switch to and SPA or even SSL SMTP - is there any other ways of preventing this- other than the obvious blacklisting, don't click pop-ups, don't fill out online surveys, reply to foreign emails, etc.

Thank you for any tips in advance :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/706872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice