1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New All-In-One PC Regularly Freezes of BSOD's

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by PFMC84, Dec 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PFMC84

PFMC84 Thread Starter

Hi all. I recently purchased a HP All In One PC (model 24-R101NA) and am encountering a few problems. Once purchased, I opened it up and took out the standard HDD and put in a SSD and installed a fresh copy of W10 I bought. Everything seemed to work fine. A day or so later the system randomly locks up. Nothing works so I have to hold the power button in to get it to switch off. This happened at least once a day but then sometimes it doesn't happen for several days. Last night I got a BSOD telling me "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" and that the file in question was "win32kbase.sys".

Anyone got any ideas as to what could be causing these freeze-ups and now BSOD's? It's annoying to think that a new system is giving these errors.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Get WhoCrashed. It could read BSOD error messages and tell you in plain english what's wrong.

3. PFMC84

PFMC84 Thread Starter

OK, I have downloaded and run WhoCrashed and have got the following results:-

Code:
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\121918-5781-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0A0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF70DC004BF00, 0x0, 0xFFFFF75BC29BB03C, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 
    and also at the same date/time:-

Code:
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!MmProbeAndLockPages+0x1378)
    Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF70DC004BF00, 0x0, 0xFFFFF75BC29BB03C, 0x0)
    Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
    Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. 
    And just after replying, my system froze again and I had to hold the power button in to get it to turn off.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

So, no usable explanation. humph. Click on the Start button and type in "winver". It will pop up a window telling you which version of Win 10 you're using. If it is version 1809, and it is obtained prior to Nov 14 2018, then go download MS Media Creation Tool and generate a new Windows DVD/USB stick. Version 1809 has severe bugs with its initial Oct 2018 version and MS pulled it and re-released it on Nov 14 2018.

5. PFMC84

PFMC84 Thread Starter

This is what I get when I run winver.

[​IMG]

I've also run Windows Update and it tells me there are no new updates pending for me. So why haven't I been updated to 1809 by Windows automatically? Updates are set on and are automatic so it's odd I seem to have missed this one.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Updates are phased in according to MS's magic schedule. For people who want to update to major release sooner, MS makes press releases and tell people like pcmag.com who would spread the news. The method of getting the latest release has been the same, get the updated MS Media Creation Tool, generate a DVD / USB stick. Backup your data and install the new version. You could either run the setup.exe from the created media if you wish to keep data, or boot with the media and choose to wipe partitions and do a Custom install if you want a clean start.

7. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please follow the Driver Verifier steps below to see if it will flag any third party drivers or provide more information:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...erifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Then once it crashes, run the following app to help with analysis

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/fo...posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Disable the following options if you are using CCleaner or other similar cleaning tools
    • Memory Dumps
    • Windows Log Files
    • Windows Error Reporting

Hardware Diagnostics:

http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link) 8 consecutive passes
    http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.)

8. replay

replay

if its new, you have the option of reinstalling the hdd and returning it for new computer!

you could try pulling a memory stick and see if issue persists....then try the other

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220753

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice