1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

new at games

Discussion in 'Games' started by newbie2015, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. newbie2015

newbie2015 Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am new at games. I recently got a Elite Gaming Headset with Microphone for Xbox 360. I have windows 8.1 on my desktop. On the Start menu I noticed that I have the Xbox game icon. I want to know how do I play games using the headset that I got. I am new to playing games on the computer could someone help me?

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Welcome to TSG! (y)

Not exactly sure what your asking here.
    Play with voice chat or are you hoping for game audio through the headset?

I can't say for sure on that exact headset, but to my knowledge, pretty much all headsets that plug into the controller are only used for voice chat. The controller doesn't get game sounds.

Researching the headset.... If I found the right one, it plugs in by USB?
    So, my guess is you will need drivers to get it working on your PC.
    Did it come with a driver install disc?
    Have you installed anything for the headset?

If windows found the headphones and installed correct drivers, you may need to go into your audio settings and select them as output device.

3. valis

valis Moderator

also, you may want to double check that xbox icon....it's most likely for music or video.

4. newbie2015

It has a USB, and a plug that plugs into a controller (I think, which I don't have), and 2 other plugs, (green and pink), what do I need to get this headset to work? I did not come with a install disc. where would I get these drivers? I have not installed anything for the headset. I thought I could just plug it to the tower and it would work, but it didn't.

5. valis

valis Moderator

let's back up a second.

What is it, exactly, that you are trying to do? We know you have a headset, Win 8.1...what is the ultimate goal here?

6. newbie2015

The goal here is to use the headset with the microphone to play games.

7. valis

valis Moderator

perfect.

What is the exact problem?

8. newbie2015

I have plugged the usb, and the 2 plugs into the back of my pc, do I need to do anything else? can I go to the xbox icon, click on a game and start playing? using the headset for chatting during a game and to hear game music (to block out other people watching TV really loud)? really want to use the headset!

9. newbie2015

I don't have WII or Xbox console

10. valis

valis Moderator

11. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

ha ha valis.

Uh, yes? It should work with just the green and pink plugged in to your tower. (into the related green and pink input) if i remember right green is headphones, and pink is mic.
    The computer should read it as headphones and a mic. You may need to tweak game settings or system audio to play through them, but should work without issue.

as for the XBox icon.. I don't have windows 8 so no idea why it is there. However, unless there is some deal I don't know about you can not play 360 or One games on a PC. You would need the PC version of whatever game.
    It might be something for "smart glass" that some XBox games use. Or it could be a shortcut to other XBox related services, like video, music, maybe even your profile.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice