1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Bank Account

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by PEP, Sep 30, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. PEP

PEP Banned Thread Starter

Yea so i opened one and i deposited around 400 bucks. I went to online banking and i got 50$ on my avaliable and around 350 on my ledger balance... i deposited the whole amount in checks at my bank. How long do i have to wait before everything is on available balance, cause i gotta but something online.

2. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    Normally 24 to 48 hours...Depends on their data entry...

3. darkangel3

darkangel3

Doesn't it usually take time for the checks to clear before the funds become available?

4. hewee

hewee

No days checks can clear just like that but they may still make you wait a day or two.

Also who the check comes from can effect how soon your get the money.
    I get my government SSD check each month and it gets send to my Credit Union. But I get the money from that check the same day each month even if they have not yet gotten the check I still have the money from it.

5. chiliwormeater45

chiliwormeater45

I always thought it did. When we collected life insurance, we didn't have access to the funds for almost 2 weeks. (n)

I don't know how banks work, but it should be available shortly. :)

6. amadeus2k8

amadeus2k8 Guest

If the cheque is made out as cahs then it clears instantly if it is made out to account payee only then:

If it came from the same bank as you, ie You are in Lloyds and the cheque is from another Lloyds bank account then the funds clear instantly.

If it came from the same group as you, ie You are in Halifax and the cheque from Bank of Scotland then the cheque will take up to 3 days to clear.

If it came from another bank not part of your group then it usually takes 5 working days, and this excludes sundays, some banks also exclude Saturdays but the majority don't

7. Wino

Wino

If you bank allows online access to your account you can check there to see when the funds are available. As stated above, it happens pretty fast these days - usually within 24 hrs.

8. PEP

hmm.. maybe because its Washington Mutual!!!!! ive been waiting for a few days.. and i have to deposit another 1200$ check..

9. darkangel3

darkangel3

Be prepared to wait 3-5 more days for that one! ;)

10. PEP

mm... boo

11. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Why in heaven's earth would you try to bank with Washington Mutual? :confused: Are you living under a rock?

12. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

s :D

13. PEP

If you are referring to the near collapse, i only have money in the checking account which is FDIC covered, and besides it's now covered by chase...

14. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Right, but, that just could be one of the reasons for your delay ;)

15. PEP

Actually i found out that the delay was caused by the fact that im a new customer... w/e... on october 10 ill have my money..

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice