Solved New Battery draining - Dell Laptop

dogluver

Fully charged with the other charger and now it's doing down. I have no idea what to do!

Couriant

James
Looks like your old battery had about 10% health before you replaced it... did this issue happen with the old battery too, or just this one?

From what I can see from the report, the battery getting charged then the AC is getting disconnected until it's plugged in again. To confirm, you do not take out the AC when you are done charging?

I was going to mention to see if a new AC adapter would help, but I didn't see the last post as it's on page 2. I have seen batteries causing issues with computers. I would suspect that this is the case here.... are you able to get an exchange to confirm? The last issue maybe the computer itself where once the battery is charged, it stops providing power to the battery to keep it fully charged.

dogluver

My old battery was working fine, but if I unplugged it, it would only stay charged for a very short time. So, I realized that since my laptop was purchased in 2014, my battery was old and I should replace it. So, I wasn't haven't any charging problems.

I only unplugged it while charging with a different charger. Obviously that didn't work.

I have an IT guy from my old employer that has dell products. So, he gave me 2 updated chargers. These light up when plugged in. They charge perfectly (no problems). I thought it was my settings and tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. For example, I left it plugged in last night and when I got up it was fully charged. Once the laptop was turned on, it started losing a charge immediately. So, I calibrated it. and it is 99% charged (it's charging pretty fast - I'm writing down the what time it is and percentages. I'm going to see if it stays charged while plugged in.

If not, I'm calling the company and returning it. I will just use my old battery until I could take it somewhere to have it serviced. Then I guess I will probably buy a Dell battery. Don't know what else to do.

Couriant

James
My old battery was working fine, but if I unplugged it, it would only stay charged for a very short time. So, I realized that since my laptop was purchased in 2014, my battery was old and I should replace it. So, I wasn't haven't any charging problems.

I only unplugged it while charging with a different charger. Obviously that didn't work.

I have an IT guy from my old employer that has dell products. So, he gave me 2 updated chargers. These light up when plugged in. They charge perfectly (no problems). I thought it was my settings and tried everything I could think of, but nothing worked. For example, I left it plugged in last night and when I got up it was fully charged. Once the laptop was turned on, it started losing a charge immediately. So, I calibrated it. and it is 99% charged (it's charging pretty fast - I'm writing down the what time it is and percentages. I'm going to see if it stays charged while plugged in.

If not, I'm calling the company and returning it. I will just use my old battery until I could take it somewhere to have it serviced. Then I guess I will probably buy a Dell battery. Don't know what else to do.
I can see that when it was about 85% it only had 2K power instead of at least 25K, hence you didn't have a lot of charge

Are the Wattage higher than your current one? If that will provide more juice perhaps the battery will stay charged...

Other than that, I don't think Dell will have the battery on stock since it's not showing on their site...

Maybe try this battery?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online