1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New Black Ops game and Xbox Live Problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by NJMom130, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

Hi,

My son recently purchased the latest Black Ops game for Xbox 360. When he goes to play on Xbox live, he can log in. However when he goes to play the game heh gets disconnected. When he attempts to log back in he gets a message that says he lost the connection to Xbox live.

He has an the internet hooked up directly to his XBox through an ethernet cable. He has tried every suggestion that Xbox support gave him.

Any other suggestions?

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I was playing Fallout New Vegas earlier and was disconnected from XBox Live...
    It said some services were unavailable.
    I think the XBox servers are having some issues. maybe give it a day or 2.. figure most of the techs are off for the holidays. :D

3. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

He is able to play all his other games just not this newest purchase. I'll tell him to wait and see what happens.

4. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Just googled XBox live down, and a few posts popped up.. One 5 hours ago had log in problems, XBox itself reports cloud save trouble as of right now.
    Could be many issues, maybe the Black Ops servers are full... It is a holiday weekend.

... Oh! I just googled Black Ops disconnecting from XBox live. lots of posts about it. Seems even black ops 1 had the same issue. Wonder if it's a problem with the games servers.

5. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

Apparently it also happens with Madden 2013. Same problem

6. NJMom130

NJMom130 Thread Starter

Also a friend of his has the same game and has no problems with disconnecting. Very Strange

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice