Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Blank Email at Every Startup

761 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  secapoc 
#1 ·
Hi,

Every time I boot my computer (HP/Compaq Presario Windows XP), a new blank email pops up automatically. I have tried unmarking the "make default email" box in both Firefox and MS Outlook, but it doesn't help. They are automatically re-marking themselves as the default email.

Somewhere on the web, I saw a suggestion that some other application is starting the email, but I can't find that application.

Any suggetions, folks? Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
Hi Bonk,

Beg your pardon, but I don't understand your question.

When you ask if I have tried using Internet Explorer, I'm confused. What's happening is that I'm getting a new blank email popping up as soon as I boot, as if I had hit the button in my email program to write a new email.

Since this is happening before I have opened a browser, or any other application, I'm not sure what you mean when you suggest I try IE. IE being a browser and my problem being an unbidden new email, I'm confused. Excuse my ignorance.

And, yes, this is only happening on startup.

Thanks for thinking about this, Bonk!

#5 ·
Thanks, bonk!

I ran msconfig and looked at all the programs in the startup. Nothing looked obvious to me, so, for safety, I searched each one on the web before I un-checked it, and then, after researching five or six different programs, I finally unchecked my "Key Text" application (a keyboard macro program I imagine you're familiar with).

That solved the problemo!

I realize this is a very small problem to have, but it's been more and more irritating as time goes by.

Thank you for your help!

secapoc

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.