New blu ray DVD does not sync good

DBR70

08958C4B-D04F-43DB-A687-EB424AAB1C99.jpeg

BCD232FD-408E-485C-B8AA-E84EE5F0ACCC.jpeg
The audio and video does not sync. I adjust the A/V setting but does no good… any advice? we spent 170$ on it. Please help.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Is the DVD one you made ... or bought ???
If you can, What happens if you put the video on a USB Flash and play it thru the player ???

Do you know that DVDs are obsolete ???

DBR70

These is a bought DVDs none of them were “made”… some of them i bought about 15 years ago, havent been played since. I just tested the blu rays, they play syc great… what do you mean they’re obsolete? Ive been living in Mexico with my mom for the last 12 years. The USB pendrive videos work fine too. It is just my DVDs are out of sync.6C1BDF8A-9CB0-408D-87CC-BD12D399CEFF.jpeg
I bought the Mork season 1 DVD set about 2006… now its out of sync so are other DVDs all storebought.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Tested in the new Blu-Ray Player ????

DBR70

YES! I gave you all the info..
I need to get this fixed because all of my old DVDs are not on blu ray… PLEASE. ☹
my DVDs are out of sync on the new bluray/DVD player!
If i can have someone show how work this thing…
19D49868-64AE-492E-AF38-7B8EDE2479DA.jpeg
that would be a huge help… please… i have DVDs that are not available on blu rays…

Last edited:

DBR70

Well.. for awhile it was sync at 30… and then when i turned it off and later on again… it was out of synce again… and yes on store bought DVDs… will someone please help me? 😩☹☹

Last edited:

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't know what to tell you .. Other than to try a different drive.
I'd be tempted to try to convert to the non-BluRay DVDs to a mp4 (digital) with the free Handbrake.
I know that if the video is not set to Constant Frame rate, You will probably have lip sync Problems.
Clip11.jpg

DBR70

Ok.. i found the culpret.. its the Bose speaker that my mom uses because of her bad hearing. The TV is connected to it. When put the TV back on “TV speaker..
It was perfectly in sync. This going to defeat the main purpose why i bought the player in the first place. Living in Mexico, Mexican cable (at least where we live) has no English speaking US channels. My mom misses her old shows amd some of them are only available on DVD, so we bought a multi region blu ray/DVD player and were gonna try to get most of her fav shows on DVD… but since were having problems with the player syncing up with the bose…. ☹
It would’ve been a whole lot easier if we moved back to the US…☹☹

DBR70

Nope.. please delete that new topic…
ALL my DVDs are playing out of sync. No rhyme or reason, they just are…
Blurays are fine, USB pen drives are fine.ll its my old DVDs will not sync…
☹☹i just may have bought a faulty player.. i do not understand at all those directions by Sony.. i have to have soneone physilcly here with me who knows alot more than i do, helping me… but
That ain’t gonna happen… so i guess its just rotten luck for me..😪😪

Last edited:

DBR70

OK… is there a way i can email sony itself… ANYTHING…😩😩 I really think NEED HELP with this.. im sorry im desperate, but i just do not understand…i bought this player specifically for my mom so we can order American TV shows on DVD (since most not available on Blu ray) my mom keeos asking how we can get American shows in Mexico, but apps like HULU doent seem to work in Mexico. So now im dealing with a player that can not sync DVDs properly… and.. just for the record… NO, they are NOT homemade DVDs but REAL store bought DVDs that are missyncing. I just cant seem to get any help from anywhere…☹☹😩

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Where did you get the Blu-Ray player ??
Can you return/exchange it ???

DBR70

From US Amazon… so its gonna be next to impossible…☹
Theres GOT to be a way to fix this with a simple setting i know nothing about and is not mentioned in the manual…. I know i missing something… BUT WHAT??😩😩
PLEEZE! Dont tell me i got a faulty player! That would send my mom to the roof and she has a heart condition….

DBR70

Is handbrake free? Because i can not make an order payment, my mom has to agree and shes my beneficiary. Snd she doesn’t understand how modern technology or on line orders work since shes been in Mexico for 12 years…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online