Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Yes ... Handbrake is free
Does Amazon deliver in Mexico ??
Are you a Prime member ??

DBR70

NOPE! I just read where it only rips NONCOPYRIGHTED DVDs… im sorry i know that might be illeagel, i think but im in a very desperate situation here. Most of my DVDs i have left are not available on Blu ray or streaming. And even if they were available for streaming, its only available if you live in the US. So… i guess im screwed. THIS is one of the major reasons why i wanted to move back to the US, so mom can be happy with her old cable like Foxnews (not in Mexico) her Lifetime, Home & Garden network (only available here in SPANISH) so now shes gonna complain some more! 😩 Well… she didn’t want to move so…. THIS was our only option..
Now buying a multregion US BlurayDVD player didn’t work..so… what else can we do?

DBR70

I do have a portable US DVD drive for HP computer connects via USB. If i can make it connect to the USB on the Blu ray player or smart TV…..
RIIIIGHT! 🤪
my mom is fed up angry right now… shes not in the mood to be suggested to buy a DVD only player.…
I could take my whole laptop and connect to the TV HDMI with the DVD port drive connected with the laptop.. thats gonna take alot of wires and momis gonna be unhappy with the mess…

DBR70

🤷🤷 i don’t know… IS there a way i can hook in a DVD port drive directly into another device besides a computer and make it work??? 🤷🤷
is there a USB/HDMI adapter or SOMETHING like that??
Im just looking for an easy way out…
The only easy way out i see is to MOVE BACK TO THE US Freaking AAAAA!!!!😩😩😩 which she WILL NOT DO! 😩😩😩

Last edited:

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I do have a portable US DVD drive for HP computer connects via USB. If i can make it connect to the USB on the Blu ray player or smart TV…..
RIIIIGHT! 🤪
That should work.
Is the power in Mexico 60 cycles ???

DBR70

i just rememberd, i tried to connect it USB to the LG smartTV once... wouldnt work. I dont know what the cycles are… how about with an adapter like this?
B3040562-5162-4A2E-AA2E-A0D8CA3BD722.jpeg

Last edited:

DBR70

THIS is the answer i found on Google...
"If your DVD player doesn't have any connections other than USB then it isn't a DVD player but an external PC DVD drive. Since your TV won't have drivers to use the USB port for a DVD drive you can't use it with your TV."
😢 Whats the point??!

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If that were totally true ....
Then my USB flash drives wouldn't work on my Samsung Smart TV

DBR70

But i tried it on the LG SmartTV once, didnt work…
Then just now on the new bluray DVD, it just had “?” over the USB icon, meaning it couldn’t recognize it.

DBR70

I just read on another message board that multi region or region free blu ray/DVD players will have out of sync problems with DVDs… i wish someone would’ve told me that before I spent the extra bucks on a multi region…☹☹ I never sent back anything on Amazon before.. 😩

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
As it's only a DVD issue, I'd question the format of the DVDs (NTSC or PAL).

A multi-region player allows you to play DVDs for any region. That, in itself, is not an issue. The issue is that not all DVD's use the same format. This causes issues when you play NTSC on a PAL TV or PAL on an NTSC TV.
DVD regions are assigned as follows:

Region 1: USA, Canada
Region 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
Region 3: S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, parts of South East Asia
Region 4: Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
Region 5: Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
Region 6: China
Region 7: Reserved for unspecified special use.
Region 8: Reserved for cruise ships, airlines, and other international venues.
Region 0 or Region ALL: Discs are uncoded and can be played worldwide. However, you must play PAL discs in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs in an NTSC-compatible unit.

NTSC is the analog TV format historically associated with the United States, Canada, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Philippines, Taiwan, and other countries. PAL is the analog color TV format historically associated with most of Europe, most of Africa, China, India, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, North Korea, and other countries (Brazil adopted the variant PAL-M, which uses the refresh rate and resolution commonly associated with NTSC). SECAM, a format associated with French-speaking Europe, while using the same resolution and refresh rate as PAL, is a distinct format which uses a very different system of color encoding. Some DVD players can only play discs identified as NTSC, PAL or SECAM, while others can play multiple standards

As noted above, both the US and Mexico use NTSC. So any region 1 or region 4 discs should playback without any issues.

DBR70

Well, why wont it sync?!😩😩 i even asked this on Amazon ..where i got it.. the only answer i got was change the HDMI cord… NOPE… didnt help? Did i get a faulty player?!?? Is there a way to post a video here to show you what im experiencing? I already filmed it, i just need to post it here. Its very short, just an example…

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
I assume that you mean the audio doesn't match the video?

Some players have a setting in the audio options to adjust audio delay. But, in my experience, no adjustments should be necessary for a DVD player directly connected to the TV. As it only appears to be a affecting DVD (ie: BluRay works), and assuming that you are playing region 1 or 4 DVD's, I'd say the player is faulty.

DBR70

Ok… so let me get this straight in my head:
We just spent 177$ on a faulty player for the sole purpose so my mom can watch favorite American shows she used to watch before we moved to Mexico. That we can order DVDs of from Amazon (because most of these shows not on blu ray) and the DVD portion of the player cant play in sync because Amazon sent us a faulty player and we have no way of returning. Is that the cold hard cruel truth of it. How can I explain this this to my mom?!😩😩😩
(Also Mexican Amazon Prime or Netflix wont have those shows either… i wanted to move back to the US… she wanted to stay… NOW look where we are!!!😩☹😩☹😪😩😩 I can tell you right now… shes not gonna believe it was faulty shes gonna somehow blame me…

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online