New blu ray DVD does not sync good

Oddba11

Jim
(sorry, there was another 2 paragraphs in my last post that evidently didn't make it)

Just to confirm what I've read so far, the audio good straight from the DVD Player to the TV?

In which case the audio issue is the TV. This isn't uncommon when using multiple devices. Audio issues are almost always the device(s) in the middle. IE: DVD Player to TV = good. DVD Player to TV to "audio output" = bad.

The only solution would be to switch to a different audio setup, such as using a home theater system. Then everything would connect to an Audio Video Receiver (AVR). The AVR would process the audio and output over the speakers and pass the video onto the TV.

Oddba11

Jim
...and again, I don't know what's up with this site, but it keeps insisting that I'm "editing" a post when I try to save and dropping information. I'm not retyping my reply again... the summary above is enough.

DBR70

Ok.. there was another blu ray DVD player (which was old and wore out) that played fine with this TV with the same hook up. So…nope… i was sent a faulty player and its up to my mom not me unfortunately to send back to Amazon…and shes not gonna do it… 🤷🤷☹

Oddba11

Jim
Another thought. Depending on whatever processing the TV is doing with the audio, check the audio config of the DVD player. There is typically more than one output type available. Try the various types and see if one of them resolves the issue.

DBR70

OK… there are 2 other possible solutions… but only one i can mention…
I do have an LG portable CD/DVD (US Region 1) drive. That im using on an old HP… i have plans to replace it someday with an Apple Mac or Macbook.. my question is can i use that same portable drive on a Mac or Apple device. Because right now that is my ONLY US DVD player that plays great and perfectly in sync. Im using the software Potplayer. On the VLC, it takes about 5 minutes for the main menu to load. I are there some i connect to the TV so my mom can watch her shows on DVD (via Mac computer connected to TV)? If we have to go to a Mac computer to play and enjoy my DVDs, especially TV shows not on blu ray and not streaming anywhere, so my mom cant complain anymore…then thats ok…
If i have to buy a portable DVD drive made especially for a mac, do they cost alot? How much?
Just PLEEZE let there be an easy way out of this! 😩🙏🏽🙏🏽

How about this? Your old hp computer. I hope it is a laptop which would make it easier. It has an hdmi port, right? Your tv. Does it have any available hdmi port that you are currently not using it? If all ports on tv are being used (your new bluray player, satellite, game console, etc.) you can still use a splitter. Basically, you attach two hdmi cables to a splitter and splitter is connected to one of tv's hdmi port. (2 input and 1 output on splitter.) For instance, my ancient laptop and roku stick are connected to a splitter, and the same splitter is connected to tv via hdmi cable. My 8 year old Vizio tv has 4 hdmi ports. 3 are used for Dish satellite, Bluray player and an Amazon stick. I use the splitter for the 4th hdmi port. When I watch an mp4 movie file from old laptop ( actually all mp4 movies are on an external hard drive that is connected to laptop) or use Roku, I change the input on tv to 4. Splitter works flawlessly.
Assuming your hp computer has an internal dvd drive (you open the tray, drop the actual dvd disk on it, and close it) you play dvd disks with the computer and watch them on tv screen. You can also use your external dvd drive attached to the computer. You use the new bluray player only for bluray disks.

Solution 2: This is the easiest, at least to me. You are saying there are no sync issues ( you mean the words and the actors' lips don't match, right?) with tv's speaker when you play dvds with bluray player. But, your external speaker for tv is somehow causing trouble when the sound is coming from this speaker. Why don't you temporarily disable this speaker when you watch a dvd disk (played in bluray player)? Just use tv's own speaker. And switch it back to external speaker when you watch live tv or a bluray disk. Is the tv's speaker not loud enough for you or mom?

Ok, I went back to read your threads. Mom needs her Bose speaker to hear better. What if you turn subtitles on for English? Pretty much every store purchased dvd offers this feature. Even VLC software on pc does that. Turn the tv speaker on, not Bose. Have subtitles on and hope Mom is relatively happy. Would that work?

Last edited:
I read your other thread, too. Yours is really a bizarre problem. I use a soundbar attached to my tv via optical cable. No matter what I watch on tv (satellite live tv, streaming, dvd or bluray disk, Amazon fire stick, Roku, mp4 movie file from a laptop) I never have audio-video conflicts.
You may need to check Bose settings. It somehow is delaying sound from a dvd disk, To me, it is not a bluray player default. Bose and Sony bluray player are not getting along. usually there should not be any difference between dvd or bluray disk. have you tried to update bluray player's firmware? Just use wifi on the player and update it. You might be able to to that with bose speaker, too. (It it offers that feature.)

DBR70

NO! Thats what i thought at first PLEASE disregard that other post, i asked them to delete that. NO the Bluray DVD player plays out of sync on ANY/ALL speakers…
AT FIRST a DVD played fine..BUT after i turned it off for awhile and turned back on again… THATs when the Out-of-Sync problem happened…and STILL does…

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
Still sounds like an audio decoding issue. Audio to the TV is good, but audio to the Bose speaker is bad. Which implies the TV is performing some sort of audio processing when passing audio or the Bose speaker is performing some sort of processing on the received audio.

I would be looking at the audio config of the Player, the TV, and the Bose. Use the lowest quality option (ie: basic stereo audio) as an output from the Player. Make sure the TV isn't trying to process and create surround audio or any other gimmicks. And also ensure the Bose is set to simply play back all audio as stereo and that it also isn't trying to create surround sound or whatever.

Something is trying to process the audio stream and thus causing a delay (most likely the TV or Bose).

Unless the audio from the TV comment being OK is also now incorrect.

Jim has a good point there. DBR70, what is your tv exactly? name and model number. Check tv audio settings for external speaker/soundbar. Do the same with Bose as Jim suggested.
Do you have some close friends nearby? is it possible to take your bluray player to their house and see what happens?

DBR70

I posted the pics with the model numbers on this thread…
Besides our older blu ray DVD player that only Mexican Regin 4 DVD (some of my DVDs are region 1 & 4) played DVDs fine in sync… why does this play DVDs out of sync?

Your very first thread has a picture of your bluray player which shows the model number. Nowhere have I noticed you mentioned your tv name and a number. I was hoping to find its manual online and check the audio settings.

You didn't answer my question. If you are able to test your player with a friend's tv (take bunch of your own dvd and bluray disks) you can tell where the conflict is. If the other tv plays it fine, you know the problem is caused by either your tv or Bose speaker.

Try this. A long shot, but who knows? Behind the Sony player, there is an audio jack next to hdmi out. hdmi cable carries both audio and video signals. Connect your digital (coaxial) cable from Sony to directly Bose. So, eliminate tv for sound. I doubt it will work. It doesn't hurt to try though.

DBR70

55BE0FA5-A2BD-48B1-B483-DB0A5F1CC353.jpeg
i thought i did the TV one… maybe that was another board..☹ Im so tired…since the MP4s sync normally good on my USB pendrives on the player, i was actually trying to look for a free DVD ripper or a site where i can download old shows that i have on DVD… im desperate! Really the thing is every other format on this player plays great, the Blu ray, MP4s on pendrives… but for some reason not regular DVDs. And its hooked up normaly, the same way that Mexican bluray DVD (region4 only) was those (region 1&4) DVDs played fine on that… if it turns out to a faulty player… i need to have other options. Some of the shows i have on DVD are not available on blu ray or online streaming… i guess im just out of luck…☹☹

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online