New blu ray DVD does not sync good

DBR70

I don't know what to tell you .. Other than to try a different drive.
I'd be tempted to try to convert to the non-BluRay DVDs to a mp4 (digital) with the free Handbrake.
I know that if the video is not set to Constant Frame rate, You will probably have lip sync Problems.
View attachment 291533
Ok… this is my last resort, i didnt try Handbrake because i didnt trust that i was free or i may have to register or something. How does it do with TV shows? Will it rip each episode fully? Will i have to turn off my Avast to download it? Issues like that…

DBR70

Welll..I downloaded Handbrake, tried to open it…
8EBA18F0-E39A-4194-A32F-F9B9D3B3E236.jpeg
i clicked “yes” tried to download NET…
I clicked in it again, STILL got the same message, i tried to search for NET in my computer, nothing came up, went to settings looked at my app list, put it in order of download date, NET not there…so…
😩 i guess my old DVDs are gone for good…😢 i just have to wait and see what our tech computer guy says… (“He’s dead, Jim”)…
I think i should just throw out my DVDs and just accept my losses. Theyre as good as gone now…☹

Last edited:

Oddba11

Jim
I posted the pics with the model numbers on this thread…
Besides our older blu ray DVD player that only Mexican Regin 4 DVD (some of my DVDs are region 1 & 4) played DVDs fine in sync… why does this play DVDs out of sync?
The new Player also does BluRay. Which means that it can decode or at least read and pass all of the HD audio streams as well as the standard audio streams.

In any case, old or new doesn't matter. Different brands support different features/options and have different default settings. You need to be investigating the audio settings on ALL of the devices.

Hold on. Don’t throw the towel yet.
I have a suggestion. Actually, this is my current set up. I have a bluray player and a DVD player connected to tv separately. 2 separate hdmi cables are attached to 2 hdmi inputs on tv. So, hdmi input 2 is dvd and hdmi input 3 is Bluray. I hardly use my Bluray player for dvds ( original or burnt dvd +r).
Are there pawn shops where you live? You can try eBay if you have an account. Get some dirt cheap used DVD player. Your tv has 4 hdmi inputs. Use one of them for this DVD player.
That should solve the problem if your bluray player indeed can not handle dvds.

if you like this idea, perhaps you can borrow somebody’s DVD player, hook it up and see if it works. If it does, just buy a cheap DVD player. Some cost as little as 20 bucks.

DBR70

Ok… im seeing that some people are confused about whats going on:
The DVD do not sync on this player…When i first got the Bluray, DVDs played fine, BUT when turned the player off and them back on after few minutes or several hours then it was playing out of sync and even if you reboot the power it still does…on ANY speaker and on ANY HDML cable (i tried that too) and on ANY TV. Plays great with BluRays and MP4s on USB pen drives… i hope i explain that right.

I don't see any confusion. It is a lazy Sunday. So, I just reread all the responses.
You hardly responded to any suggestion. You couldn't use ripping software (Handbrake), James sent you a link to open. Nothing from you regarding this link. Jim wanted to check all the audio settings in each device. It seems you ignored it. I had few ideas, good or bad. No response.

I don't mean to be hard on you. Just trying to give you ideas. If you try to eliminate possible causes for this issue you can come up with a solution.

If I were you, I would get some cheap dvd player and move on. Amazon has many under $25.

Ok… im seeing that some people are confused about whats going on:
The DVD do not sync on this player…When i first got the Bluray, DVDs played fine, BUT when turned the player off and them back on after few minutes or several hours then it was playing out of sync and even if you reboot the power it still does…on ANY speaker and on ANY HDML cable (i tried that too) and on ANY TV. Plays great with BluRays and MP4s on USB pen drives… i hope i explain that right.
DBR70 I sent you a PM

DBR70

BD690DF9-D195-4843-B87D-9DA453DB3812.jpeg
i took this pic yesterday intended touse it. I had to help my mom with something
I have to help her alot! ☹ I was caught up in that drama…
This is Hanbrake… i tried to downloadNET… wouldn’t download…

Don't worry too much about Handbrake. it is a free software meaning it won't be able to crack some of the restrictions that came with newer dvds. Then, you will have another drama in your hands.
(It is odd though. I never had any problem downloading .NET.)

Still waiting four your response. Inexpensive dvd player?

DBR70

well... abut a DVD player. it seems the DVDS are the "8tracks" of the digital movie disc world. so far... never had a problem with blu rays like i did with DVDs. im really thinking about just getting rid of all my DVDs keeping strictly only blu rays. and with help from our internet computer tech guy. download a temporary version of a full DVD ripper on my computer just to rip a few TV shows i have that are NOT on blu ray or streaming anywhere on the internet onto pendrives. That way also it would be alot less to pack if we end up moving.
Its all just too technically difficult!:(:sleep: if i can just have someone here with me physicly to guide me thruogh. our tech guy is the only one i know....

Last edited:
Another issue I bet you haven't considered. If you end up buying a ripper software (Trust me. free ones are very limited.), you will also need to get an external hard drive. (If your computer crashes or dies, you need to save those movie files externally.) So, a 2 tb ext. hd is about 52-60 bucks. Depending on how many dvds you have, you might need 4 tb. Add the cost of ripping software. You are looking at at least 100 dollars. Mom won't be happy.
Nobody knows how long ehds survive. Thumb drives (you call it pen drive) are not suitable for long term storage.

You really need to check used or inexpensive dvd player. Aren't you living in a neighborhood with other Americans? One may have an extra player no longer needed.

DBR70

I have an external portable drive and I ALWAYS put the videos on pen drives… thats the whole point. I will even put them on 2 pendrives… and just circulate from there. Until maybe im able to but a better USB format to store MP4s to connect to a smart TV or bluray player.

Last edited:

DBR70

I had a cheap USDVD player 3 years ago but the some of discs kept mistracking freezing and all that. Then the Mexican one with the bad firnware messing up…(I honestly don’t remember it messing up on the blu rays, but i was afraid to try it much but it also kept freezing on the MP4s) originally i wanted to wait until we moved but mom doesn’t want to move anytime soon. But i did have about 4 years ago free trial DVD ripper where first 10 discs were free… and they all ripped perfectly… then i had to pay but by then it was ok…(so i thought) because “soon well move back”… RIIIIGHT! 🙄 so thats why i went ahead abd bought this so mom could watch her dang shows… well that did work out so..
I guess having a DVD ripper is the best solution since THIS player seems to play MP4s fine..

Johnny b

John
Just an idea...a work around

If your computer can play DVDs properly, put a splitter between your computer and monitor. That way you can run an additional cable to your TV.
You could also play online content on the TV. I do this to watch a lot of Youtube auto and motorcycle racing.

If you are considering ripping movie DVDs, there's various forms of encryption you'll be dealing with. IMO, not worth the aggravation let alone the legalities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online