1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

New board old processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stecks, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

I wouldn't mind upgrading towards a motherboard that'll have a available slot for a video card because mine does not have that capability so thus I'm stuck with a onboard video:( . If this helps here's my pro

Intel Celeron D Processor 325
    2.53 GHz
    256K L2 Cache
    533 MHZ FSB

At least I hope I can get another board to use with my Processor because at this point in time I don't want to have to go out an buy the bundle

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all is this a pre-built system ie dell, compaq, hp, etc? If so, you are pretty much stuck buying a board from them because the case is usually proprietary; that is it will not fit a standard atx board.

If this is a custom build, then yes you can replace your board.

3. stecks

stecks Thread Starter

Yah it's a brand name PC it's an eMachine... There has to be a way I and I've check the site it's the same board as what I have currently

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Emachines usually uses an ECS or PcChips motherboard in their systems. While neither of these manufacturers are highly recommended you might try their websites to see what they might have available. If the IO shield on the case is removeable then you may be in luck. However you will not be able to use the OS that was provided with the original system as it is optomized and set up for that particular motherboard and bios. It is also against the OEM EULA to use that copy of the OS on any other system, and once you change the motherboard using anything except a direct manufacturer replacement you have created a completely new and different computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice